Link roundups are one powerful way to stay ahead of the game and maintain their competitive edge. They help you grow your website’s reach, drive potential leads, and boost your rankings in search engines.
This ultimate guide is designed to provide you with everything you need to know about link roundups:
- from what they are,
- how to create them,
- and the various benefits they offer.
As you follow through with this comprehensive guide, you will gain a better understanding of the different strategies used to create powerful links and drive optimal traffic to your website.
So let’s get started!
- Link Roundups are collections of links showcasing the best content on a specific topic, published regularly.
- Link roundups foster connections with influential websites, bloggers, and brands in your niche.
- Establishing new connections through link roundups creates chances for getting valuable backlinks.
- Featuring in link roundups enhances your website’s authority, leading to better search engine ranking performance.
- If you want to get featured in link roundups published by others, start by identifying a suitable roundup. Search for blogs in your niche that regularly publish link roundups, ensuring a good fit for your content.
- Next, engage with roundup curators through social media platforms and personalized emails to request the inclusion of your content.
- Most importantly, produce valuable and engaging content that resonates with your target audience.
- If you want to create your own link roundup, choose a focused topic for your link roundup, balancing audience interest with competition levels.
- Next, determine the content type: and decide on the format of your roundup, such as keyword-focused, expert insights, or best-of roundups.
- Gather high-quality content from various sources in your chosen niche.
- Choose a frequency for your link roundups, weighing the trade-offs between content volume and exposure.
- To organize an expert roundup, pick the right experts, follow best outreach practices, ask the right questions, and create engaging content.
- Want to effectively and effortlessly track the backlinks your earn through your link roundups? Why not try BacklinkManager and monitor up to 250 links for free?
What Are Link Roundups?
Link roundups are collections of links to articles, websites, or other content that is related to a particular topic.
They are usually published on a regular basis and showcase the best material from the web about a certain subject. Link roundups can be about anything – from digital marketing and SEO to social media marketing and more.
Benefits of Link Roundups
Link roundups can be a powerful way to acquire quality links and drive traffic to your website, so it’s important to understand their advantages.
- Building relationships: link roundups are an awesome way to make connections with other websites and brands, including the most valuable ones with bloggers and influencers in your niche.
- Link-building opportunities: with new connections come excellent opportunities to build links and relationships with other bloggers and influencers in your niche.
- Improved SEO: featuring in link roundups improves your site authority which improves its SERP performance.
- Increased Visibility: link roundups are an awesome way to boost your online presence and drive referral traffic.
- Brand authority: link roundups can be used to demonstrate your expertise in the niche.
Getting Featured in Link Roundups
Let’s start by looking at how you can get featured in other website’s and blogger’s roundups.
Finding the Right Link Roundup
To find the right link roundup for you, start by searching for blogs in your niche that regularly publish these roundups.
You can also use Google search operators or Twitter’s advanced search query to locate them. Scraping large blogs is another option – this will help you actively find valuable content from bloggers in your niche.
Alternatively, you can use tools like Postaga that will help you find the right opportunities.
Link Roundup Outreach
Once you’ve identified the roundups you’d like to get featured in, it’s time to reach out to their curators and ask them to include your content in their roundup.
You can do link roundup outreach through various methods. You could start by engaging with their social media content to establish the initial relationship and reach out to them by email using a template like the one here.
Just remember to personalize your emails for each person you’re emailing, otherwise, you might not get much luck getting featured.
Don’t get discouraged when you first don’t hear from them. Politely follow up at least a couple more times before accepting defeat.
Creating High-Quality Content
To stand a chance of getting featured, you need to create content that readers will find valuable and meets the criteria of websites publishing the roundups.
What should you pay attention to?
Relevance and Reliability
When creating your content, make sure you understand your target audience’s interests and expectations. This is essential to write content that is relevant, engaging, and resonates well with your audience.
This isn’t limited to what you write but also how you write it. Try to mimic the tone of your readers’ voices to build rapport and engage them effectively.
Last but not least, pay attention to readability:
- Use simple words and short sentences.
- Add transition words to show relations between ideas.
- Choose active verbs.
- Keep your paragraphs short.
- Use a tool like Hemingway Editor to help you optimize it.
Technically, search engine optimization isn’t essential to be featured in link roundups but it’s a key element of a successful content marketing strategy that may help interested bloggers find your content.
How do you go about optimizing your own content?
- Make it long enough – aim for 2500-3000 words.
- Satisfy users’ search intent.
- Ensure the right concentration of keywords while avoiding keyword stuffing – this sounds unnatural and puts readers off.
- Optimize the meta tags.
- Make your site mobile-friendly.
- Optimize it to improve loading times.
Publishing Your Own Link Roundups
Another way to harness the power of link roundups to boost site authority, bring backlinks and drive traffic is to publish your own link roundup.
There are a few things to consider though.
You could start by choosing a very general roundup but bear in my the competition may be greater and your roundup may not be in-depth enough for the most demanding readers with high levels of expertise.
Narrowing down your interest will and choosing a specialist niche is a better shout in this respect. However, this normally requires more thorough research.
Type of link roundups
How are you going to organize your link roundup post? Some of the possibilities include:
- Keyword link roundup: organized around a specific keyword, for example, ‘link-building’
- Expert roundup: featuring insights or advice from industry experts or influencers. They often include quotes or short excerpts from the experts, along with a link to the original source.
- Best-of roundups: highlighting the best content from a particular time period, such as a week or a month. They can be focused on a specific topic or content format.
- Guest-post roundup: a collection of the best guest posts from a particular blog or website.
Once you’ve identified the perfect niche, curate high-quality content that resonates with your audience. Blog posts, case studies, infographics… whatever fits best!
RSS/Atom feeds are great for subscribing to top blogs in the industry while Twitter is ideal for monitoring common hashtags & accounts so you can easily spot good content worth featuring.
When selecting material remember that link roundups cover types of posts not usually seen in traditional content while content roundups focus on blog posts only. When pitching content, make sure you include a brief summary plus a direct link back to the source website.
Scheduling your link roundup posts is another strategic decision you will need to make.
Yearly roundups are great if you already have solid content that drives traffic and don’t have to depend on roundups to boost your performance.
If you go for a monthly roundup, you will have plenty of time to gather enough content to feature. However, your exposure when publishing once a month will be limited.
A weekly roundup, on the other hand, will give you more exposure but only if you have sufficient quality content to include. Otherwise, you will dilute your value proposition.
If you’re not sure, go for a bi-weekly roundup and adjust the frequency depending on how easy it is to source content and how much traffic you attract.
Organizing an Expert Roundup
Expert roundups are one of the most rewarding roundups because of the opportunities to build relationships with influential content creators – and backlinks. However, they’re also the most challenging of all the other kinds because their success depends on others.
Here are few good practices that can help you with that:
- plan and organize the process,
- ask the right questions,
- pick the right experts,
- follow the best outreach practices,
- choose an interesting blog post topic,
- write an eye-catching headline,
- provide a thoughtful introduction,
- arrange your links or opinions in an easy-to-follow way for readers.
Best link roundup tools
To help you research, create and curate your roundups and track their effectiveness, you need a solid tool stack. Let’s check out a few options.
Postaga – best for finding link roundup opportunities
Postaga is a fantastic tool for link roundup outreach.
It offers multiple campaign types, such as link roundups, resource pages, tools pages, and custom campaigns.
Postaga also provides an analysis of the article to identify relevant keywords and quickly locate websites that regularly publish link roundup articles or newsletters on your topic.
With Postaga, you can create campaigns and reach out to these websites via Twitter and LinkedIn.
Postaga makes finding the right contact for each website easy too; it automatically locates the best fit contact with their information plus contact score displayed – allowing you to swiftly select the most suitable person to assign emails to.
Plus, Postaga has features that help craft personalized emails for each contact, insert unique snippets into your messages while tracking email opens – ensuring your communications are effective and reaching out to appropriate people.
Pocket – best for curating link roundup content
Pocket allows you to save anything see online for later. Articles, blog posts, videos, you name it.
It’s got a very user-friendly UI that enables you to save content directly from your web browser, or by using tools like Flipboard and Twitter.
It’s completely free, and an excellent choice for users who are only beginning with content curation.
StoryChief – best for content management
With Storychief, you can collaborate on blog posts and publish them quickly to numerous channels with one click.
Its key features include:
- SEO and readability optimization
- Content calendar and scheduling
- Multi-channel publishing
- Social Media management
- Analytics and Reporting
BacklinkManager – best for tracking your backlinks
BacklinkManager is a link-building tool that allows marketing teams to stay on top of all their links.
Its link-monitoring features allow you to:
- Track links and receive automated status updates,
- Get notifications about link status changes (do-follow, no-follow, page not found, link removed),
- Track how many links you’ve built to reach your target
BacklinkManager also he
lps you manage link exchanges. You can use it to:
- Share link-building targets with partners via sharable sheets,
- Easily send link requests from specific pages on your partners’ domains,
- Receive status updates on link exchanges,
- Keep score with each link exchange partner – both in terms of link quantity and quality (average DR of linking domains),
- Track the average DR of websites you get links from.
What’s more, its roadmap for the nearest future includes Reporting and Link Exchange Marketplace.
Link roundups are an effective link-building strategy that can provide numerous benefits.
From improved SEO, and increased visibility, and traffic, to building connections with other websites, link roundups are a powerful way to reach your target audience and drive website success.
The key to success lies in properly researching niches and content selection, as well as developing effective emails and outreach campaigns.
If you want to see how BacklinkManager can help you stay on top of your links, start your free trial now!